December 2, 2011

Haiga 703 R.K.Singh haiku 2


Haiku by R.K. Singh (India). Artwork by myself.
The first thing that came to my mind when I read this haiku was sensuous figures carved on temple walls in India. From that imagination, I made this haiga.

The first time I visited India was more than 30 years ago. I stayed in Kolkata (then called Calcatta, typo?) for about a month. My firends and I were there to do some missionary work. We visited many homes, and time to time, played games with children too. Later in the stay, we had chance to visit Varanasi, New Delhi, and amazing Taj Mahal. Fond memory.

The second time was about 17 years ago. I made short stop over at Kolkata and Mumbal (then called Bambay) to give Tenrikyo lectures. Each time, India made strong impressions on me. Recently, I even wrote a short story (in Japanese) based on what I had seen in India.

3 comments:

Hamil said...

I love the art work, thanks for sharing this.

Ram Krishna Singh said...

You're great, Kuni san. I am born and brought up in Varanasi and I work in Dhanbad which is about three hours drive by car to Kolkata on the one side and Gaya on the other side.I was here (in Dhanbad) when you had visited my birth place, Calcutta or possibly, Gaya.
Your art work brings out the spiritual potential of my three-liners. I feel greatly obliged to you.
--R K Singh

kuni_san said...

Very kind comment, Singh san.
If I have another chance to visit India, I would like to go to the country side and observe the sky-full of stars.