October 13, 2009

Haiga 275


Haiku by Kornelijus Platelis: He was born in 1951 in Lithuania. He served in the Lithuanian government of Vytautas Landsbergis as Vice Minister for Culture and Education. In the years 1991-1994 he was elected President of Lithuanian P.E.N., and worked as Director of VAGA Publishers Ltd. in Vilnius. Today Platelis is one of Lithuania's most active poets. He is the initiator and organizer of the annual Druskininkai Autumn poetry conference. He also helped organize the 5th conference of World Haiku Association this year.

1 comment:

Ralf Bröker said...

This is not a haiga which I do understand at once. I have to study it. I do see quotations of Marc Chagall's pictures, I sense the surface of a hand. And whilst reading the English verse I feel the temperature going down: the bird's wing is a flower, the tree is a feather, the movements are part of my world. I like this very poetic haiga a lot.

Best wishes
Ralf