May 31, 2011

Haiga 594 Kobayashi Issa haiku - mountain and sea


Haiku by Kobayashi Issa. Artwork by myself.

I have been involved with the internet since the early days, when many of us were using slow modems. Images were slow to appear, first with rough mosaic, then a little finer one, and finally the complete image. That is what i applied to this haiga.

As did Issa, I experienced similar situation several times while hiking in Hawaiian mountains. Walked through rain forest, walked on ridges of mountain, for hours, and came to the point where blue expanse of the Pacific ocean opened up before my eyes. How soothing that moments were.

Mountain trek,
too tired to take in anything
but green breeze

3 comments:

Devika Jyothi said...

Very nice...and interesting the application of the graphic concept Kuni-san, for the haiku :)

wishes,
devika

kuni_san said...

Thank you, Devika san. You are such a good visitor to my blog. Appreciate your comments.

Devika Jyothi said...

Thank you and my pleasure, always Kuni-san..and here i see and learn a lot...i love the experience :)

wishes,
devika