July 15, 2011

Haiga exhibtion -the day one


The exhbition site is about 50 minutes by car, but today, I took the train and even though the ride was pleasant, took me more than two hours. Should have taken the car.

When I got there, there were already some people there. I met Takeda san and his secretary. Takeda san is the head of the Kanan-cho municipal and had wrote a few words of recommendation for the exhibition flyer. He liked the exhibit and promised to spread words around.

If you have noticed, I am wearing a strange looking hat. I saw my singer friend was wearing it today. This is the kind of hat Basho used to wear back in olden days. I was surprised it was still manifactured today. I borrowed it and tried it on myself. It was light and fitted nicely. I might get one myself.

The day one begain quietly. But starting from tomorrow, the museum will hold a summer special exhibition. A lot of visiters are expected, and I hope they will get to see our exhibition, too.

8 comments:

Devika Jyothi said...

That looks nice and all set, Kuni-san :)

wishes,
devika

kuni_san said...

I might look like a Nepalese or maybe an Indonasian with that hat on.

Devika Jyothi said...

haha! yeah, i thought so...you looked like someone from Nepal :)

wishes,
devika

Devika Jyothi said...

i mean someone i knew from Nepal,

wishes,
devika

Pamela A. Babusci said...

congrats!! AND I LOVE YOUR HAT!!

Peter Newton said...

Congratulations Kuni san. Looks like a wonderful exhibit.

P.S. my book with your beautiful artwork on cover is at printing house now. Will send copies. . .

Best,
--Peter

kuni_san said...

Thank you all.
Peter san, I look forward to reading your haiku book.

Area 17 said...

Looks like a great exhibition Kuni_san! ;-)

Congratulations.

Alan