November 15, 2011

Haiga 691 George Swede haiku 1


Haiku by George Swede (Canada). Artwork by myself.
Like any kids, I did my share of fishing when I was small. In the area where I was born, there were many ponds. Because there was no big rivers in the area, farmers made the ponds for irrigation purpose. For kids, the ponds provided perfect fishing spots.

Thinking back those days, I just do not see how I spent so much time just sitting on the bank and waiting for fishes to bite. I think I was probably doing some philosophy-ing, not about big themes like the life, the existence, and such, but just maybe comparing the world we live and the one where fishes live. I felt superior to fish in small pond because I lived in wider world. It was many year later that I was in the middle of Pacific Ocean, being awed by the endless expanse of the sea. I felt so small.

No comments: