June 26, 2012

Haiga 848 - Kuniharu Shimizu haiku (senryu)

Haiku and photograph by myself.

In Japan, a photographer is called "camera man". (There is no "camera woman". Sorry). Though Japan has been noted for the production of good cameras, of both analogue and digital ones like Nikon and Canon, the art of photography is not as well established as in the west. It is only in the recent decades that the photography began to be considered as a form of art.

The photo here today comes from the western tradition of photography. Many people in Japan might say "what is this snap shot?" "Why wasting time talking a scene like this?". No matter what they say, this particular scene caught my eyes, which told me to take moments and appreciate, which I did. I was not quite sure why this scene interested me. I could not explain it to the person next to me. I guess the visual art is about something that can only be expressed in visual form. It is something words cannot explain fully.

I added a haiku to the photo. The haiku does not explain the photograph, though it maintains a little tie to the image. I think that this little tie is a key to haiga. It is like, two people, man and woman, who share some commonness, come together and produce a child.

No comments: