July 2, 2012

Haiga 857 - Kuniharu Shimizu haiku (senryu)

Haiku (or just words) and photograph by myself.

This is a rather strange photograph. It actually is the back of an old windmill. I am not sure what the wooden pole is for, but it kind of sticks out like this. The whole scene somehow attracted my eyes. After many days, when I looked at it, the words came out. It is not really a haiku or senryu, maybe just words.

Three lines encompass a space and form a shape called triangle. If drawn on paper, the shape is two dimensional, but if the lines are found in the nature, like this pole, the outline of the white wind mile, and the horizon, the encompassed space will have the depth. "So what?", you might ask. I am, too, asking the same question to myself. I just feel that there is something here, visually telling me, something that is beyond verbal expression.

No comments: