December 24, 2015

Short story award

I received this afternoon a letter informing me that my short story had won an honorable mention at Takashi Nagatsuka Literature Award. It is a nation wide contest of Japanese short story. Out of 250 submissions, 5 works were selected, and mine came into the third place.

 My short story is titled “Carol”. It is based on haiga collaboration between Carol Purington and myself, and on email correspondences between us. The story is written in Japanese, 38 pages long, and a heart warming one. This is the second time I won something for my writings, and I am happy about it. I could not have written this story if Carol and I had not become friends, for which I am very thankful.

About Takashi Nagatsuka

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Nagatsuka

 
About Carol Purington

http://www.woodslawnfarm.com/p/poetry.html



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Steliana Voicu said...

Congratulations and keep up the amazing work!
Best wishes!

kuni_san said...

Thank you.