December 22, 2011

Haiga 718 Snowman haiku 4


Haiku by Alexis Rotella (USA). Artwork by myself.
Alexis san sent me this haiku. I wonder what the eyes are made of...something that fit into pocket. Anyway, haiku is always a starting point in making a haiga. I came up with a scene of image that may have followed the scene of haiku.

I exaggerated the size of the snowman, but I have been to a place in Japan, where snowfall often goes more than 4m deep, and there, snowman of this size is certainly possible. Only people there are too tired fighting with snow to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Gwil W said...

I always find something to think about in Alexis Rotella's haiku. Great image too.

Jessica Tremblay said...

I love how you explain the making of the haiga, what the process is. I learn so much from your blog entries.