November 5, 2010

Haiga 414


Haiku by Romano Zeraschi of Italy. Artwork by myself.

Romano san sent me a batch of haiku the other day, asking me to make some haiga from it. I made three, and this is one of them.
Not all haiku become haiga. Some are already visual enough, and its haiga would be redundant. Some simply do not inspire me.

When I read this haiku, some rural scenes I had seen in Italy came back to my mind. Rome to Florence, Rome to Napoli, somewhere along there.

Romano san offers me to stay at his little cabin on a cliff by the sea. Nice offer, but I do not know when I can make it.

2 comments:

Felisa y Ernesto said...

A really beautiful idea of home, like a moving house, leaving a subtle trace of their passage.
I liked this haiga very much
Felisa

Area 17 said...

I love train haiku. Wonderful.

all my very best

Alan
2010 With Words Haiku Competition: weblink
.