February 25, 2011

Haiga 509 Yosa Buson haiku 19


Haiku by Yosa Buson. Artwork by myself.
Water filling a rice patch insures the growth of rice. Water then moves on to next rice patch, and then to another, making sure each rice patch will be productive.
When I read this haiku, I associate it with one's life. Looking back my life, I question myself "Have I been good to others, like water, at various stages of my life: as a kid, as a student, as a lover, as a husband, as a father, and so on?"
---------
Buson haiga series is coming to an end soon, I just have one more haiga to show. I intend to make some more Buson in the future, but meanwhile, I am open for new collaborations. Those who are interested, just send me a batch of haiku (15 to 20) to my email address (see my profile). This is a non-profit activity.