August 2, 2011

Haiga 621 Alexis Rotella haiku - tears


Haiku by Alexis Rotella. Artwork by myself.

Alexis and I tweeted back and forth as follow:

Me: My shadow / when I laugh or cry, /still the same shadow
Alexis: as my late uncle said, why cry -- no one will hear.
Me: Often times, one cries not so much to let it heard by the others, but to let out one's stress.
Alexis: I know about crying letting out stress....I've cried a river of stress and continue to do so
Me: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope there are other means to let stress go.
Alexis: Writing relieves stress and hopefully poems and art turn stress into something meaningful and sometimes beautiful.
Me: One time I really cried was when I was in Hawaii. I went to beach at night, tossed and turned my body on sand.
Alexis: So your tears became one with the sea.
Me: Now, a poet talking. That's beautiful. A bit of unhappiness is good for art.
Alexis: I give them back / to the sea / these tears.

And thus, this haiku and then haiga were born.

1 comment:

Devika Jyothi said...

Very nice Kuni-san - lovely conversation as well

wishes,
devika