August 22, 2011

Haiga 636 Kuniharu Shimizu haiku


Haiku and photograph by myself.
Two years after 9.11, I was in NYC. I walked all over the city, including the ground zero. I came across this scene during my roaming, probably somewhere in Soho.

When I was young, like in junior high school age, I used to watch American TV programs, and was awed by all the material wealth. To me, big trucks, and big V8 cars were always the symbol of the wealth. Time has changed and cars have gotten smaller, but trucks have not, still as big and mighty as the dinosaurs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did great to bring the dinosaurs back, Kuni san. Without the photograph the haiku brings tons of other assoziations up. The little window reflection fits the text ;-)

By the way, Sensei, your blog is getting more and more interesting.

Regards
Heike G.