November 10, 2011

Long car trip


My wife and I made a long car trip, distance of about 500 miles. The map shows the route.
The reason for the drive was to bring a small car from my wife's mom's home to my home. I purchased the car five years ago so that when my wife visited mom, she could take care of her old mom, now 86. Just recently, however, mom has decided to sell her house and move to an old folks home nearby. The car is five years old, but hardly used so we decided to bring it back.

We considered using professional mover but the cost is expensive. With less expense, we could pay travel expenses, gas and highway tolls, and staying a night at a nice hotel in Hakone, a resort near Mt. Fuji. Thus we set out on the road. The car was fine and we were fine. Turned out to be a good autumn trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plan a car trip is a hard nut to crack for many people, especially for the green hand. But do not be anxious about that. The car trips can go on as planed if you take everything into consideration and prepare for it, even you go alone.so you need a car gps into my car and enjoy it. to avoid getting loss.

kuni_san said...

Thanks. Our cars have GPS already, working nicely.