March 22, 2012

Haiga 796 - Light Haiku 7


Haiku by Bin Akio (Japan). Artwork by myself.

Parting is always accompanied with certain sadness, despite the length of the parting.

The first and the biggest parting I experienced was when I left for Hawaii on a ship at age of 15. It was a big ship, an American President Line ship. As my friend and I were waving hands and paper tapes on the deck, we realized for the first time that we would be traveling alone, no one to accompany us for a week-long ocean trip to the unknown place.

My friend was crying, tears streaming down. I did not. It was not that I had strong will, but just that I was rather slow to react to the situation. I did cry, but later on, like a few days later.

After more than 40 years, I am still more or less the same. Whatever the feeling comes a bit later.

No comments: