June 20, 2012

Haiga 844 - Kuniharu Shimizu haiku (senryu)

Haiku and photograph by myself.

Somewhere in the Alhambra, this animal figure, which was painted or pasted on a window pane, caught my eyes. It was purely from visual interest that I directed my camera to it. The haiku came later, like more than a week later.
Instead of pen and paper pad, I carry a camera for a ginko walk.

I realize now that I am basically a visual guy. Scenes that seem to contain poetic content catch my eyes, no words of poetry then. Words come later. Since the scenes connote something poetic, extracting haiku from them comes natural.

Taking photographs excites me, and coming up with haiku from them excites me, too. I can enjoy twice from a poetic scene.

-----------
In this photo, the usual blue sky was not there, but it was ok with me because my intention was to capture the silhouette of the animal figure. Whitish sky turned out to be better than deep blue one for making the silhouette stand out. The sky, however, needs a bit of color so I colored the verse with light blue.

No comments: