June 21, 2012

Haiga 845 - Kuniharu Shimizu haiku (senryu)

Haiku (senryu) and photograph by myself

The bus engine burned out in the middle of a city. While waiting for a substitute bus, I saw through bus window this couple across the street. I took out my small digital camera and zoomed in. I tried to stabilize the camera by pressing the lens to the window pane, but still the subject was too far and the photo came out quite fuzzy.

I applied a few digital filters to the photo with my Photoshop software. I tried to make use of the fuzziness and turned the photo into a nice soft-focused one, which I think is appropriate for this subject matter. I had paelia rice for lunch the day so I included it in the verse.

One good thing about photo haiku is that the image often shows the season so the haiku verse does not need to include season words.

2 comments:

lea199 said...

Very nice Haiga,
My attempt at translation into Slovenian:

leno popoldne
drobtina paelie
na njenem vratu

Best regards,
Lea

kuni_san said...

Thanks for the translation. Though I cannot read it, it looks cool.