June 30, 2012

Haiga 854 - Kuniharu Shimizu haiku (senryu)

Haiku and photograph by myself.

Our bus traveled long long miles between places of interest. Most of the tourists napped during the bus ride, but I was up all the time, scanning the passing landscape outside of the window. That is what I usually do when I am on the move, whether by bus, train, plane, all the same.

The scenery and landscape change slowly; from orange groves to olive farms, to fields of wheat and grape. From rocky hills to the stretch of flat plateaus. From grey sandy grounds to red earth color fields to black ones. By keeping my eyes open all along, I try to absorve the feel of the place.

My overall impression of Spain is that it is basically an agricultural country. I guess it has been so since the olden times. The wealth was brought in from the other areas of the earth, namely from South America.

Other than agricultural produces, the new one is been cultivated in this land: electric energy from wind and sun. There are already a lot of wind turbines and solar panels installed, and these so-called energy farms are, I think, the future of this country.

No comments: